1. - Top - End - #137
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Oni tackles MuvLuv - a let's play of sorts (Update #29 at 08/03)

The KimiNozo reference must have escaped me. Probably not the first time I miss a reference or something important in this LP.

Update #30, where things get real
    Spoiler
    Show

Another day, another dream.

We had this before.

This, we did not.

Yes, this is what being an adult is like. Don't lose that innocence.

Hmm.

Hmmmm.

Takeru.

How thick can you be?

Mikoto lives his life on his own terms as usual.

That life of his finds us interesting places to play around in though.

As usual, no one's in hurry to gather for the cave visit.

In the meantime, let's maintain a stone cold facade, so Meiya doesn'ts supect we learnt anything.

Facade failed.

Manju are a type of Japanese candy.

Meiya is so easily tricked, it's kinda adorable.

Suddenly! VIOLENCE!

The stooges' message is clear: enough with the lies. Time for the truth and nothing more.

Look at those faces. Meiya is so heartbroken. She will never trust Takeru again.

I can't take this. This is too much.

Back from me having a heart attack, and Meiya is in full tsundere mode. Not that I can blame her... also other people have gone mysteriously, so Takeru suggests going to the caves just the two of them.

A mysterious sentiment. But eventually...

Here's the cave. Indeed it is quite beautiful. And Takeru is quite ignorant.

Meiya knows her stuff.

An underground lake allures in the distance. Feel free to be poetic about it, but don't get drawn too close in.

Speaking of thought to be extinct mysterious creatures - what will Takeru and the gang do after graduating?

Or a better question yet, how did Meiya manage to graduate university already?

Ha ha, I too find that hard to believe.

Suddenly!

Come on Takeru. Do you really need it spelt out that badly?

Apparently not.

Well. This is kinda awkward.

So Takeru decides to be direct.

Meiya is afraid of becoming the Mitsurugi group leader.

A seemingly inevitable fate, but despite being afraid she accepts it. Or does she really?

The situation gets serious.

Really serious. Everyone's angry and sad now.

Then!

A distracted Meiya falls into the lake. I told you to look out for that!

A prompt rescue only makes her madder.

She wants to be left behind, for a mysterious reason.

The reason is that showing how injured you are is shameful. Or, more likely, showing how injured you are in front of Takeru after you just had a fight with him.

Still, she gives in eventually, all tsundere-like.

This is quite an emotional moment, actually.

And, ruined. Good job Takeru.

No excuses.

Eventually they arrive back at the hot springs.

Pretty good exchange, that one.

Looks like Takeru's a little closer to understanding the responsibilities that Meiya will face in the future.

Still, surely there are futures worse than becoming head of a giant zaibatsu, right? Don't worry Meiya, no matter what happens you are still yourself.

A bit later...

A swift evacuation from Yuuko's clutches! Not the first one, but exceptionally... this one was successful.

Booze made her slow and weak.

Free from the threat of having to entertain/be entertained by the physics teacher, everyone goes their own ways.

Except Sumika.

Mikoto gives the two plenty of living room. I won't pretend to be as thick as Takeru and act I don't know what is this about.

Bath for two. Of course.

She's really into it, too.

An obstacle suddenly appears in the form of a pink cat!

Meiya takes care of it.

You'd do that, knowing what Sumika is up to?

You really are a good person.

Takeru of course remains 100% oblivious.

But not for long.

Surely Takeru won't open his eyes now only to see Sumika in the bath with him.

I lied.

This is where I mention that in Japan, families take baths together all the time and there is no subtext to it. Surely this is the case here as well. Look, they talk about old times as usual.

There's also a tiny room next to Takeru's, that they used to play in a lot when they were little. I have no idea if this will become plot relevant or not.

I'm honest, I really have no idea.

Once again, the situation is getting kinda emotional.

Once again, mood ruined.

Also Takeru, if you protest at this topic, don't do it while staring at Sumika's boobs. Okay?

Nipple outlines visible through clothing to censor? It has been how long since the last time?

Ah.

So it's not just Meiya who decided not to sabotage the other person. Their feelings are mutual here.

The situation was getting a bit awkward again... but Sumika dispels it through her own Sumika-ness.

Which is to say, being an accident-prone airhead.

Speaking of accidents...

Who did not see a wardrobe malfunction coming?

... Well, except for people who suspected Sumika would just not care about wearing a towel in the bath at all.

Uh oh. Not more VIOLENCE please...

Oh dear.

Sumika's intents leave little room for intepretation, especially after she mentions the bath's locked so no one can interrupt them.

But Takeru gets cold feet.

Not literally. Once again, hot spring bath.

So Sumika quickly leaves, pretending nothing has happened.

Ha ha, a bit TMI there Takeru.

I know what you mean though. That was sudden and desperate. Not very Sumika-like.

Except that Sumika often acts suddenly and desperately... agh, you know what I mean!

I guess Takeru is not the only idiot around.

Good night.

My thoughts so far:
    Oh boy. Something tells me future updates will remind us this is a 18+ visual novel. A lot. Also this day had funny moments, feels, serious moments, and very awkward eroticism. It feels like the whole of MuvLuv Extra, all condensed into one update.
    Last edited by tensai_oni; 2014-08-04 at 05:24 PM.