View Single Post

Thread: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCV

1. - Top - End - #1351
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCV

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Frozen, Frozen, Frozen... CLEARLY you aren't being devious enough.

For one thing, Tamaki's power would be extremely invaluable to anyone who got his hands on it. Forget revolutionizing the weapons industry. Consider how many different materials and processes he could come up with. With a simple baseline of study, Tamaki could conceivably resolve any and all engineering problems inherent to high-energy, high-yield power sources, just to start.

It is true that technology level-wise, Soul Society and the like are more advanced on a number of levels. However, their ready access to purely spiritual resources (AKA Magic) has stunted their growth otherwise. If you had the ability to create fire at will, why would you need a lighter? And even so, their research speed isn't greater than it's supposed to be.

Mortal society, on the other hand, has depended on its ingeniousness to survive, and that cost them time and resources - including the time to dissuade those using older tech from stunting the growth of better technology. Our dependency on oil comes to mind.

You missed my point with the bread-maker. For one thing, Tamaki could, given enough time, improve his own "storage" capacity, but that's hardly even the point here. He could, essentially, circunvent the "one of a kind" problem by stepping up the responsibility to one of his own creations. He could make a bread maker factory, or a bread maker factory construction facility. He could conceivably "dumb things down" and come up with just the blueprints to his inventions at a level regular humans could construct. He could come up with processes that turn regular materials into the materials required for his inventions. Creating the tools to make his creations available to the general public - and more importantly, creating the means to create those tools - and teaching regular humans how to use them could basically set Tamaki for LIFE.

And anyone who discovers his secret could try to kidnap him and make that secret work for THEM.

TL;DR: I'm trying to set up nefarious plot here.
    ....Wow. Are you sure that your not some kind of genius in real life yourself Kuroi, evil or otherwise? I mean that is a level of deviousness that basically just blew my mind. As for a nefarious plot...I wouldn't have a problem with it. Heck now that you have explained your reasoning Tamaki looks like a prime candidate for kidnapping much like....Orihime. Huh....I'm starting to see some similarities power wise actually.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Honestly I've never been clear on what Tamaki is actually fullbringing to allow himself to create matter and machines from nothing.

Mikael apparently fullbrings his tatoo (though he has now perhaps just gone ahead and made himself a Hollow or something, whatever).

Katsuo basically fullbrings himself (sorta like Chad).

But Tamaki's Fullbring feels...fuzzier?

Whatever, honestly it's a side point to the general concern of "Tamaki's powers seem pretty darn potent, though it's hard to discern where he's being placed, power-wise".

Anyways, I'd like to keep the plot/story moving along. We've pretty well pinned the surveillance team. Do we want to play that out much more, or move on with the Alpha-1 plot?
    Ah, gotcha KD. Power wise Tamaki is like you said very potent. However Just by looking at some other characters like Shinji and Chuck he has less options for how he gets things done. Basically Tamaki has a lot of power with the equipment he has but now that I look at it he doesn't have as many options about what he does than some other characters. This is not to say there is anything wrong with that. Shinji's abilities to seal, use barriers, Metsu, and augmentation are very ingenious and allow him to cover multiple bases. I would have to say that in my personal opinion Tamaki has probably the most offensive capability outside of Chuck's Vollständig out of the kids. However he is more limited in his abilities at the moment unless he can find ways to make it work for him. The reason for that would be that his training was done among the Arrancar's and considering their toughness Tamaki needed that kind of firepower to even make a dent. Are there any who agree with this conclusion? Disagree?
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2014-08-12 at 05:08 AM.