Tales of the Jedi works if you consider it a legend itself, since it does happen to be Tales of the Jedi. Redemption is good, but without Tales it has little real meaning.

I liked the Kotor stuff because it had a great premise. Not many of the star wars comics have that. I would suggest quickly struggling through Dark Empire to read Crimson Empire, because Crimson was better, more personable. I don't think that Dark did so well using the Emperor and that it makes him somewhat stupider than the movies to me.

I have liked Dawn of the Jedi, because I want to see what lead the Je'daii to become Jedi. So little is expressed, especially with Legacy being so nifty. I like some of legacy, but other parts weren't as good.

I enjoyed the story with Quinlan Vos and Master Tholme before and during the clone wars, but I really dislike the Anzati. There is almost nothing redeemable about them and I can't any kind of evolutionary benefit to what they do with the "soup" business.

I find the Dark Times interesting, but would prefer more interesting characters or more depth than what is current. I really don't think much of Agent of the Empire, but liked the second volume more because it required the main character to function without Han or chewie who showed up in the first one.

I think we need some comics featuring Jedi growing up from younglings to padawans to knights. Like take a few characters and just follow them along the way. But that is my thought.

Some comics are really good, while others are not great. It really depends on your tastes.