View Single Post

Thread: Simple Raw Thread for 3.5 #28

1. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Simple Raw Thread for 3.5 #28

Q 1

In regard to the Hide skill as described in the quote below (from pg 92 of Rules Compendium)

Quote Originally Posted by Hide
    If you’re successfully hidden with respect to another creature, that creature is flat-footed with respect to you. That creature treats you as if you were invisible (see page 76).
    How does this interact with with a Crystal of Revelation (any of the 3) from MiC pg 66?

Do they reveal the hidden creature or not?

I had gotten this response from Jowgen, but I want to be sure. Maybe some rules quote on why it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowgen View Post
    A 720

The main limitations to using these crystals against hidden opponents are that a) you have to guess the square the creature is in, and b) only works if the creature is hidden thanks to concealment granted by a magical effect.

If the creature is hiding by means of invisibility, the lesser crystal would work, while other single-creature concealment providing effects would need the greater crystal. As the creature still has concealment after getting hit with the least crystal, it does not negate the hiding aspect.

If the creature is hidden by other means (e.g. hide in plain sight) then none of the crystals work to undo the hide.
    I get that you need to guess the location, but why won't the crystal reveal hidden (with the skill) creatures? That RC quote seems to mean that the creature will in fact be revealed with "treat them as invisible" and whatnot
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 2014-08-19 at 08:23 PM.