1. - Top - End - #144
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Re: MitD VIII: Everything we know about MITD (but were afraid Tarrasque)

Its a template, but its also a monster in its own right. The problem is that while its got a bunch of abilities and characteristics, most of them aren't really applicable for our purposes so the whole thing boils down to a high level spellcaster that pretty weird looking. That's handy, because it gives defensible answers to 2 of the 3 tests (Circus and Escape), and the fluff could be argued as being positive (a problem with its creation is why MitD can't remember so much), and you could even argue that maybe it was a giant-race caster and its "father" is in fact itself.

But unfortunately the fluff also fails a bunch of characteristics (sleeping? having teeth?) while also completely failing the tower test due to lack of defenses and STR. As noted, Telekinesis is a poor substitute for a metric f**kton of STR.

Edit - As an aside, I did as thorough a review as I could manage of anything that could be considered a snowman. Ice and snow constructs, golems, plus a few other things like the "robot-girl" homebrew monster/template (which has actual potential as a concept and I think is old enough, but sadly doesn't list a monster anywhere near powerful enough) and nothing turned up. Which is too bad, because there were more monsters and rule information dedicated to it than I expected. And usually when a fishing expedition gets that kind of traction there's *something* that can at least be shoe-horned into a proposal but this time there was nothing.

There's probably some entertainment to be had in arguing MitD is a Robot Girl who has taken 10 levels in the Arch-Golem Execution Girlfriend prestige class, gained the "Vengeance" special ability, and then died and was reincarnated into a Vengeance Titan Shell but lost his memories along the way and thus doesn't know how to work the Pyrophonic Blaster and Fusion Mega-Cannon he'd probably have mounted on his arms (and also forgot that he's actually a girl, albeit in giant robot form, so it would be relatively easy to forget) but I'm not even going to start.
    Last edited by Crusher; 2014-08-24 at 07:28 PM.
    "You are what you do. Choose again and change." - Miles Vorkosigan