Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem View Post
I'd like your opinion on which game is better, both on a gameplay and technical aspect: D&D online or Neverwinter?
I'd say that the biggest difference comes from DDO being based on 3.5's mechanics, and Neverwinter being based on 4e. 3.5's mechanics were meant to simulate real-time combat, which works way better as a video game than as a tabletop game. 4e's were made for turn-based, grid-based combat, which doesn't translate well to a realtime MMO.

I've played DDO a ton, but haven't tried Neverwinter, so keep my bias in mind. DDO really does feel like D&D, with the necessity of bringing a balanced party with a good array of skills to most quests. The adventures themselves are also good, many of the story arcs being ones I'd gladly steal for a tabletop game. The community's also the best I've seen since City of Heroes (at least on the server I played), though part of why I don't play these days is due to the drop in activity. One warning: another way DDO really feels like D&D is that it's easy to make an unplayably bad character if you don't do some planning and research before character creation. It is much, much more balanced than tabletop, however, with no classes being worthless.