Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
Actually, this is one of the things that makes sense to me. The Doctor lived in (or rather, above) Victorian London for an unknown, but potentially quite long, period of time following the loss of Amy and Rory and before meeting Clara, and the Paternoster gang were his only real contact with "reality".
It made sense to me, too, because Vastra, Jenny, and Strax had known the other Clara.

Spoiler: Clara of many unchanged faces
Show
I think the idea that Clara went through many transformations, but essentially remained the same person with the same face, fits in well with the theme of the Doctor's regeneration into someone outwardly different, and whose personality also alters. The Doctor changes when he dies and is reborn; Clara seemingly did not. The Paternoster gang had met one of those Claras and had interacted with her, and treat her as if new Clara is the exact same person as other Clara.

I think I will really like Capaldi's Doctor. But I still felt the episode was so-so.

Spoiler: The episode
Show
I liked the ambiguity around whether or not the Doctor pushed Clockwork guy out the window. I was more disturbed by whether or not he actually did trade a watch for that coat. I hope Clara doesn't find his watch in the Tardis in some later episode.

That T-rex was pointlessly giant, and not really necessary to the episode.

The episode seemed uneven. maybe it was the direction. Can't quite put my finger on it.