Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
"Probly not that much. I've thought of tryin' to fly with rockets 'n such, so it isn't too far off. Or we could just launch ponies at other ponies. It'd probly be as fun as tryin' to use catapults to hit sheep in a pasture downhill!"
"Aww, c'mon. Sheep are easy targets; they don't even dodge. Now goats..."

"I could probably write a whole essay on how and why we got to this part of the conversation and still have absolutely no idea what the answer is. Goats?"

"Yeah! They'll knock themselves silly charging at it, or - even better - dodge. Ever seen a goat do a backflip? It's awesome."

The ground trembled beneath Arvadraa's feet, causing part of the snowpony to crumble away.

"I advise you never to say such things again. I do not have much patience for insults."

Flare took a moment to calm herself.

"That aside, I am not 'blindly trusting'. I am merely asking you not to judge so quickly." She lowered her head. "You... didn't treat me this way, when I could have been the worst of monsters for all we know. Please, at least extend some of the same courtesy to him."
"I...didn't know. But I do know that he is." She whispers. "I saw what could have been a warm flame burn all in its path, and now I can't unsee that."

I've heard flimsier arguments. She is-

"It's you." She shakes her head. "Him - Horne. For most of my life in that forest I thought I had something I could hold on to as the source of everything bad in my life. A ghoul that I had to check the shadows I could now manipulate for. And I don't know why, but that helped me. If it wasn't for that fear, that anger, that sense of injustice, I might've...not survived.

And then I met him, really met him. His mind and my mind are the same thing. There are no secrets anymore, no hidden crevices or forgotten fears. And I found that I couldn't hate him. I tried, and he showed me what he saw, and I just couldn't. And now there's Zaros and I...I just can't stand the thought of losing the ability to point out another villain. B-because if I don't have anypony to blame, I ju...I have to blame myself. Th-...that doesn't make sense, I know. But hate - real hate, the kind that makes your heart burn and your wings shake whenever you so much as think of a pony - never does. And I don't have anything else, Flare. All that I am is something that somepony else gave me or took away from me. If it circles around to something that I have to be or I have to feel, I'll crumble just as easily as snow-me does."