1. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Base Class Challenge Chat Thread IV: All Your Base [Class] Are Belong to Us

Working on draconic aspects for occulus dragon because somebody requested that occulus dragon get updated/stuff made for dragonsoul acolyte and I wanted an opinion on an idea I had: What about instead of giving them normal spell pool access I give them access to a certain amount of (swift action) eye rays which cost spell pool points based on their level. So for example at Lv 4 instead of gaining access to 1st level spell-like abilities (if only 1/day) you'd get swift action Charm Person Ray and swift action Inflict Light Wounds Ray possibly costing 2 Spell Pool Points to use instead of 4. A trade off of versatility (whatever 1st level sorcerer spell you need at the moment) for power (swift action spell 2/day instead of standard action spell 1/day). Now this is only the proto idea, but I figured I'd ask opinions while I brainstormed.

Decided to go with the eye rays as spell pool idea. I will note that from now on I should just add 2 to however many posts I think I'll need, I really should.

Quote Originally Posted by sirpercival View Post
    Hey Zaydos, we should collab on making Ideals for all your homebrew dragonz.
    Sometime, for now, though, I still have to make aspects for and update around 90 dragons before embarking on another large project.

Edit: And now for my status report/update that nobody really cares for. Added 10 different Baatorian dragons (1 for the plane, and 1 for each layer) some of which might be mutually thematically exclusive (Hellfire dragon and the others) but hey the planes are big and a single layer of a plane can host 2 species of dragons if the Prime can host 1. About 1/3rd done with the homebrewed dragons I think. Should have 40 completed which is nearing the number of 1st party dragons (which I think is < 50).
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-28 at 08:11 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)