Quote Originally Posted by Sajiri View Post
Yeah I was aware of how their system worked, but it seems specifically the ones I like (altaria, dedenne, delcatty...although even I think delcatty isnt that great) they specifically say its a bad pokemon and cant do much of anything even in their tier.

Wasnt that pachirisu used in doubles? I dunno if that changes things, as in some are better than others for doubles, I only ever do single battles.
Nintendo's VGC tournaments are always 4v4 Doubles, which makes a vast array of Pokémon a lot more viable: they don't necessarily need to survive switching in and out to be useful support Pokémon, and Earthquake is significantly weakened (part of how the champ's Pachirisu survived STAB Earthquakes, though it did also survive STAB Draco Meteors).

On top of that, it makes sense for the official tournaments to be run this way, since there's a lot of moves now that only do something useful (if at all) in Doubles, and Pachi made use of one of those moves (Follow Me) to great effect.

Altaria is currently simply overshadowed by better, faster, and stronger Dragons, which themselves took a hit with the introduction of Fairy types. Mega Altaria may be viable when it hits in a few months. Dedenne and Delcatty don't have much going for them other than that they're adorable and will make excellent Contest Pokémon. If Dedenne had better defenses and Follow Me, it could do what the Pachirisu did at Worlds (and Cheek pouch is a good ability for this if they're not flinging Thunderbolt around), but Follow Me has terrible distribution in general.