Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post

"Of course, Fox." The ice mage leaned to kiss his cheek softly as he pulled away, then sighed and sipped her drink in silence, unsure on how to continue this conversation.

"Adorable, wouldn't you agree Miss Astrid?"
Balboa chuckled as he watched Icy and Fox (who totally made a grumpy face at Balboa's words.

"Yes, absolutely adorable," Astrid replied in a flat monotone voice without even looking up from her paperwork.

"Heheh, so, Fox my boy...tell me....when do you plan to tie the knot? Make an honest mare of Miss Icy?" He chuckled again and bemusedly stared at Fox. Fox found himself with a low throaty growl of annoyance.

"That's for me to know and for you to not come to the wedding,"
Fox said snappily. Balboa frowned and furrowed his brow.

"Son, don't be that way, I truly am trying to reconcile here, to get to know my one and only son,"
Balboa replied, sighing dejectedly.

"Is that so? You know, why don't I ask the questions? You know, since you're trying to reconcile and all, it's only fair I get to know the father who was barely there for me....!"
His tone increased coming off as hostile.

"By all means, ask away then son,"
Balboa replied looking unfettered and took a sip of his drink.

Fox hmmp'd and looked between Balboa and Astrid. "So, praytell what is your relationship with Miss Astrid here?" At this, Astrid glanced up from her papers.

Balboa just laughed and shook his head. "Tis not what you assume, our relationship is simply professional. She is my personal assistant of course and darn good one. I know not where I would be without her wonderful organizing skills." He smiled Astrid's way.

"And how does she feel about sharing you with so many younger fillies?"
Fox pressed deliberating ignoring Balboa's words.

Balboa's smile twitched for a moment as he straightened himself up in his seat. "Don't be silly, as I said, tis a professional relationship, though you ought to apologize to Miss Astrid, now." Fox stared at Balboa incredulously and laughed aloud.

"As professional as the mayor of Canterlot? Or haven't you taken her out to dinner yet? You always did like to savor a mare-oh, I'm sorry, meal. Slip of the tongue there."
Fox Trot hollowly chuckled and derisively snorted.

"You had better keep that tongue of yours in check,"
Balboa took a deep breath as he began to tense up, his tone taking one of anger. "Apologize for your rudeness to Miss Astrid."

"It's fine sir...I am not offended," Astrid quietly replied and reached to calm Balboa down.

"No, it is not fine, whatever issues he may have with me does not allow him to involve a third party."
Balboa said, his eyes fixed on Fox.

This could be a chance for Icy to intervene or not, who knows, she may like drama
====

Dat Park

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
Sandy didn't get a chance to respond to Taylor before Prompter appeared again. Hurriedly, the little engineer wiped his eyes and face clean. "N-no, no, no allergies. That's fine, I'm fine. Y'don't need t'do nothin'. I was just...er, I-I got somethin', um, in m'eye." He lied with all the confidence of a foal halfway into the cookie jar.
Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post

"I'll say you did." Sunshine puts in. "Contrary to popular belief, the composition of snow does not exactly a cuddly sensation make." He shakes his head. "Not much precaution one can take in this season, though. As near I can tell, there's nothing trapped, it'll just sting a little for a few more minutes." He gives Sandy one more stroke of the mane before turning fully to Prompter, putting on a classical, slightly lopsided smile. "Sorry, don't think we've met. Dr. Sunshine - I'm guessing you're the pony in charge of preparatory work? It's an impressive setup this year, from what I've seen."
"Prompter," Replied with a smile of her own. "Yea, pretty much, sorta the assistant to Miss Soliloquy, I make sure things are smooth before the start of the play, thank you sir for the compliment."

She turned her head to Sandy. "You sure? I mean, we can flush whatever is in your eye if you want."