View Single Post

Thread: Picturing strength?

1. - Top - End - #146
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Picturing strength?

Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Pretty much.

My game example was Hermione Granger(Emma Watson) and Riddick (Vin Diesel) both get caught. They were both characters with strengths of 20 or so. Hermione's player, Sara, wanted to be treated with 'kid gloves' and to ''have things go easy for her'' as she looked like a near helpless tiny, tiny little girl and expected Riddick to be ''put under maximum security guard'' as he looks as if he was to flinch he could kill someone. The guards did not risk it and put the ''manacles of enfeeblement'' on BOTH of them. Sara said that they would not ''waste'' the manacles on her character, as even though she had a strength of 20, she looked like Hermione.

I was asking if anyone though it right that ''high strength'' had to also indicate ''strong physical build''. Everyone just jumped on ''a player can make there character look how ever they want!''
    In that specific example, I think your player is in the wrong. I don't see why guards in a magical world would risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by georgie_leech View Post
    For your interest. Depending on the difficulty of the climb, climbers will sometimes be in a position where one hand/arm is the only point of contact and thus the only set of muscles doing any lifting.
    That's a chin up. Pullups use an overhand grip.
    Last edited by ComaVision; 2014-08-30 at 05:49 PM.