1. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Another RWBY Thread: Theories about the Characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    This looks like a place where I can get my description of RWBY character personalities/archetypes updated without having to wade through pages of unrelated dialogue to see the few posts that update. I apologize, I know I missed someone's updates to this list. It helps to include the words "List of RWBY Character" in your reply.

Notes: I didn't remove Spike (from Cowboy Bebop) as a match for Ren, largely because the two responses arguing with thi did not show incompatible personality traits. One simply attacked the notion, the other noted Spike was a team leader (Ren isn't) and had a real history. I do see it as a limited match, and there should be better "generic cool guys" out there, as Ren basically has nothing to him except for being cool and competent, and being friends with Nora. I don't recall Spike's leadership traits, simply that he's out in front, I remember Jet as the leader (admittedly I watched it over a decade ago).

I think I'm missing a match someone had for Nora. Pinkie Pie has a much deeper personality, given her deep insecurities, but on the surface the two react the same to most situations. Nora, however, will not have a problem being excluded from the group, she'll just insert herself at an (in)opportune time.
    Another difference between Nora and Pinkie is that Pinkie think that when there's something fun, they (meaning everyone) should do it, but Nora can usually be talked out of doing whatever crazy thing she's thinking of doing this time.
    As far as other matches go, I don't know. The closest character I can think of right now is Camicazi, from How to Train your Dragon. They're both very much Genki Girls with a great love of violence and a lack of height, but the sticking point is that Camicazi is very boastful and headstrong (and misandristic, in a childish way) and not quite as random (although that may be partly due to the company she keeps). She's the best I can think of at the moment, though.

On reflection, Cloud Wolf doesn't fit Glynda much, as his relationship with his pupil is very close and often rocky. The Spook still fits, iirc. Also, Tvtropes has a page of examples for Glynda. Use with caution.
    Last edited by Durkoala; 2014-09-02 at 01:51 PM.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!