1. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Waitwaitwait. "Employer?"

...I'm going to have to come back and comment on the rest of the comic later, because that actually genuinely caught me off guard, and not in the usual wacky WTWU sense.

Edit: So now that I'm not flipping out over that little twist...

Unless the queen was assassinated twice - which is totally possible in a D&D setting when I think about it - this flashback puts an interesting spin on Marcellan's story from last comic. (And may I just take a moment to say that younger-Marnia is frankly kind of adorable).

I said it last time, but Emperor does Torn's sense of ethics confuse me. Most of the time, he seems like the only member of Team Rand with a remotely-functioning moral compass, and when he does things like this, it's hard to feel it's just an act. But when he's in Vector Witch mode, he seems like the most unambiguously capital-E Evil of them. Like I said before, as colossally self-centered and callous as Rand is, he's never outright murdered anyone that we've seen. Torn has. I'm really curious to see next time what he's going to do now that he knows Vinny knows what he is.

(Though actually, I suspect next time is going to cut back to Rand and Ser's Excellent Adventure).
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2014-09-04 at 12:00 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.