1. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Base Class Challenge Chat Thread IV: All Your Base [Class] Are Belong to Us

Quote Originally Posted by Network View Post
    Could you by any chance do the cyber dragonkin class? Everything but modules is done, I still need to do that last part (which I'll probably do this weekend). I'd especially like to get feedback on the fluff and class features.
    I can try once the modules are up; I will have to look over the PoC stuff, and note that I'm not actually particularly familiar with Incarnum (still can't figure out how to build Incarnates for example). Don't usually give much feedback on fluff (unless it relates to some other existing work or it's a matter of fluff-mechanic mismatch), it's so subjective, but I'll give it a shot.

Edit: Looking over it, I'd advice against +13 Strength on full BAB even with +5 being inherent, but that's just capstone and sees less play and at a point where balance wavers the most wildly. Other than that I'd say some of the abilities could be spaced out a little more; you currently get +5 Strength over 5 levels (and then a big boost at 20th of another +8), +4 natural armor over 4 levels, and... well Integral Armor is the weakest of them and I'd advice starting it at +4 much earlier and maybe even letting it reach +8 by high-mid levels (10th). Greater Mage Armor, for example, is a 3rd level spell, and Inertial Armor for +8 AC is 9 PP. I'd also suggest giving the fly speed portion of draconic wings earlier. What I might actually do is reshuffle so you get say flight and Iron Jaws at an earlier level and move some of the Strength and Natural Armor gain to a higher level. Just to space things out and make it more of a you get better at these things that you've been developing for a while instead of "You've reached 16th level, you gain new attack forms each level for the next 4". I don't really know.

Don't really have much to say about the fluff. Dragon obsessed transhumanism. I'd expect it to come up quite a bit this contest (my own flip-flopped between this and dragon worship). You might want to give them a module that lets them get trapfinding.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-09-04 at 08:09 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)