The group spends the rest of the day exploring the area around the radish patch, making detailed notes about the area and otherwise doing their duty. A strange occurrence, though, happens as the group passes through some brush thick enough that it is impossible to see each other. When Konrad breaks through on the other side, his armor is hot pink.

As night falls, the group makes camp and sets up watch. The night goes uneventfully, save for one oddity. At some point, the campfire suddenly puffs out, causing a great cloud of choking smoke to envelop the camp. Whoever is on watch must act quickly to fan the smoke away from the others and relight the fire.

When morning comes, the party packs up and prepares their breakfast, as well as preparing their spells for the day. It is at this time that Solenia makes an announcement. It seems that her connection to the Green Faith has caused her to receive visions at night, and these visions are leading her elsewhere. She is needed, and must heed the call. She signs over her part of the charter for whomever the rest of the group decides to have replace her, and takes her leave to the southwest. A few hours later, the group finally comes within sight of Oleg's. As they approach, a grisly sight reveals itself. The bandits left at the trading post have been hung from the walls as a warning.

Finally reaching the gates, the group is greeted by new faces. A group of armed guards now patrols the upper watches of the post, and one seems busy inspecting one of the catapults. As Oleg and Svetlana notice the group, they say a few quick words to one of the guards, who steps forward and offers his hand, "Aha, you must be the charter group. My name is Kesten Garess. I've been tasked with repairing and protecting this place from bandits, though it looks like you've beaten me to the punch." He seems unhappy at this fact, as if begrudging the group for doing his job for him.