Quote Originally Posted by Sajiri View Post
Here's something I've never been too sure on but havent tested. I know that depending on where vivillon is caught it's pattern changes, but does it inherit it's pattern on breeding? Im thinking not though ): What about when it evolves too, I think I've done this with someone but forgot to follow up, if you have a scatterbug someone in a different region traded to you, then it evolves will it still have the pattern from it's original region?

I restarted Y and using my special pokeball vivillon, I kinda like the little guy. But man I adore that sun pattern...it would fit well too with the sun theme! Except I guess you can only get that pattern in Mexico, and I don't know anyone in Mexico ): At least, I don't think I do.
Full list of known Sun Pattern countries: Australia (Northern Territory), Belize, Cayman Islands, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

If you got a scatterbug through trade, it will evolve to the vivillon pattern based on it's original trainer's region.
If you breed vivillon, it will inherit your own region's pattern.