Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
I mentioned a while ago that there's an alternate version to Comic 664. I had completed this version first but ultimately scrapped it because I felt Torn needed to have a more involved role rather than just everyone else's wingman.
Which is kind of ironic, given that he barely showed up and the whole thing wound up being about Marnia and Kayl. He did wind up looking like less of a loser this way, I guess.

About the alt comic itself, the rent-a-sniper-window concept actually made me laugh out loud, but otherwise I think prefer things as they turned out. Though there were a couple of interesting details:

• I had actually never noticed myself that Rand and Rand-Sereyentheous (or however the heck you spell his name, I'm not looking it up again) had different eye colors. I do remember that Rand's is tied to his magic somehow, so that would explain it.
  • Marnia's little description of Rand is... surprisingly accurate. Charitable, certainly, but not nearly as delusional as I would have expected from her.
  • Only tangentially related to the comic itself, but something that I was recently thinking: I really like how the guns in this comic are drawn. They're surprisingly distinctive given the nature of the art style.