[Crystal Gardens]

"Well, we could check out the-" Maph begins, only to glance off... somewhere. "Oh bugger... Umm, sorry everyone, but I'm going to have to bail. I've got job things that I have to see to. Just a suggestion? Go check out the moving castle next, if you can track it down. Finding it is half the fun! Later!"

And with that a sphere of utter blackness expands around Maph before contracting again, utterly erasing him from view. ...that looked suspiciously like a sphere of annihilation.

[Bob's Burgers]

The wizard gives Nick a pat on the wings before taking his leave and mentioning something about wireless data transfer. The talk that's coming really doesn't need him around by any stretch of the imagination.

Geneva arrives about two minutes later, dropping down from the sky and reducing her speed from insane to reasonable for a landing fast enough that it would cause more than a little discomfort to a jet pilot if they tried to pull off the same stunt. The hippogriff lands on the other side of Nick's table, looking a little fidgety and nervous.

"Hi Nick! How are you feeling? Magical exhaustion is no joking matter."