Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
A question, though: how do the favored class benefits work, specifically the human racial favored class benefit for the Inquisitor. Nineteen extra spells known seems kinda... really powerful. Is that really what I'd get if I took the racial benefit every time I leveled up?
You get favored class bonuses at 1st level, too. So you get to pick up a favored class bonus right away.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the "add one spell to your spellbook/spells known" favored class bonus limits you to spells that are one level lower than the highest spell level you can cast. At level 1, that means you can only pick 0-level spells (or nothing if you're an Alchemist), which is useless for Wizards and Arcanists and not that great for anything else (unless you REALLY want more highly-situational spells).

You're probably better off just taking +1 hp or +1 skill point instead until you get access to 2nd level spells, since those will likely be more useful than another cantrip or orison; personally, I don't bother with the "learn an extra spell" favored class bonuses until I can get 3rd level spells, since I usually have all the 1st level spells I want by the time I start getting 2nd level and I'm usually on 3rd level spells before I have all the 2nd level ones I want.