@ the page 1 discussion: Put me in the camp that wanted MP elder scrolls but did NOT want a bloody MMO. Give me some nice drop-in Fable/Borderlands-style multiplayer. There was so much potential here for farting around, especially if you let the host decide which mods were allowed.

I could just imagine playing through with someone with some of those survival mods that force you to eat, drink and keep warm. Foraging through the wilderness with a buddy, or being the hunter protecting a very un-wilderness-savvy mage. It would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
Yeah - while a lot of people wanted multiplayer in their ES games, most of them wanted something that would allow them to have the full singleplayer experience with a friend or two, not having to deal with a bunch of idiots running around (which was expected years before ESO got announced ;) )
Level 153 Bosmer Assassin... I am crying

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
It's the revenue thing. NWN ran through Gamespy Arcade, which means no constant revenue stream.
I never got this argument. Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 ran the servers with no constant revenue stream either, and they even keep adding new content to the bloody things for free. Now admittedly, Blizzard has more money than most game studios ever even see, but Bethesda is a AAA developer too. Plus, both franchises struck gold on console as well as PC, and some of those PSNP or XBLG fees go towards server upkeep.