Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
The issue is that some anti-ToB folk actually just don't understand the thing they hate. There are other anti-ToB folk, ones who go into their hatred with full knowledge of the thing they hate. With them I disagree, where I would simply say that those of the first group are wrong. Point is, some who dislike it actually are ignorant, and claiming as such is fair, while claiming that all who dislike it are ignorant is inaccurate and unfair. Keledrath has stated the former, while your example ToB lover was a person who stated the latter.
Eggy described my point exactly.

The big point of my post was that little bit following what you quoted. The part about Wizard being a million times more overpowered than anything from ToB (again, excluding abuse of IHS and WRT. And probably not even then). Therefore, if you believe ToB is overpowered, you are ignorant of what a wizard can do. I also went on to say that this ignorance is not a bad thing. The problem is when people go
TOB OP, AUTO-BAN, BURN THE STUPID BOOK
without ever actually reading it or getting second opinions.

There are groups that auto-ban monks for being overpowered. Are they ignorant? Yes. Does that make them bad? No. If they come on here and have it demonstrated (probably by reading some Pickford threads) that monk is garbage compared to wizard and still insist on banning monk for being overpowered (as opposed to banning it for being a trap), that is when they are being incompetent and mean-spirited.