Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
Erfworld on the other hand, is closer in the plot style to "regular" comic books like most things from marvel or any manga book.

If you are a comic book reader, imagine getting your new "spiderman" and reading it one page each day. No matter how good the comic is, it will get frustrating very fast.
There are webcomics out there that already update one page at a time in a comic book style (Girl Genius springs to mind). Its not a new idea, and some of those comics do fairly well.

OOTS is not that kind of comic and when the Giant took the story in that direction for a bit (the origin of the world), there was alot of grinding of teeth. I didn't mind, though, as we got some more of the story's tapestry woven into place.

Erfworld is basically the same. Its going to take time. Rob, Jami, and the Giant all knew this going in and I can only speculate that having it as a contrast to the OOTS was one of the main reasons for it being here. To offer those that come to the Playground another avenue of entertainment.

As to whether this is the appropriate format for Erfworld . . . can't say. Its tough right now and a little frustrating having to wait 2-3 days on an update, but I'm patient and content to enjoy the story as it comes. Its kind of nice that I can't just blow through 32 pages in no time at all.