Well hey, anyone, everyone. *wave* I haven't posted on this thread before but I kinda feel like it might help now. I don't exactly do well with talking about things that worry me though, hence why this is rambling already. So I'm just gonna get into it.

Fairly recently, at most 2 months ago, my girlfriend and I broke up. It's a strange situation for a lot of reasons. One reason is that it was a long-distance relationship for quite a while, also it was not my first break up but we were together for a couple years so that sucks, as compared to a single shorter relationship in the past. But all this is mostly background, since the breakup isn't really my woe here. We understood things had changed, breaking up was best, and I didn't brood on it really. We both agreed that we wanted to try to stay friends anyway, like we were before we got together, even with our limitations in talking time.

But it really doesn't feel like we are friends. We'd been talking for 4 years, before the relationship and then during it, we know quite a bit about each other and in all that time we called or texted or chatted online at least a bit every week, usually every day. Now I have had 1 text conversation with her in these 2 months, and that was extremely short-lived. I text because there's no pressure behind it, you can take time to respond to one, even a day or a week during rough times. But she just doesn't respond to me. I get that she has friends near where she lives that she spends time with, and the distance makes that impossible for us, but she doesn't even talk. It almost seems like she's avoiding me, despite the amiable splitting up. I can handle not being a couple, but we now have less of a connection than when we first became friends. The whole things has just regressed to...barely even being friends. And I don't want it to be that way. To be like befriending her and learning about what kinda person she is and her life, and sharing the same details to her, could all just be forgotten, like it never was. I don't really know what to do here. So far I have sent her a text about every week just to say hello, or see how life is, sometimes a bit longer than a week, but as I have said she doesn't respond to them. It all just really sucks, and hurts more than the breaking up did. I don't want to get back together. I just want us to still be good friends, not acquaintances or less.

So anything anyone? I don't look for advice often. I feel like I need it here though.