Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
[Main Room - Clarissa]

"First of all..."

Clarissa bares her teeth, darkly sneering as she steps toward Caius, her eyes burning coals radiating murderous intent. She eyes him as though she were a hungry lioness and he was but a slab of meet. She attempts to lock her eyes on his, daring him to look away.

"This is my gig. Candy over yonder doesn't 'ave a say in what is or isn't allowed. This sport of our's will not be planned out beforehand! Remember where that got y'all last time! Improvise, Sonny Jim, or die trying."

Now, she whips around to face Adel, lashing out with a glare and a speech as if they were raking claws and bloodied teeth.

"Second, you will not challenge me again, newbie. I don't care if you're the so-called leader of AMEN. You haven't yet proved your worth to me. If you stand in my way again, I will trample you, savvy?"

She's not joking. Ilpholin and Magtok earned the right to be her leader. This diabetes-inducing candied cretin is nothing more to her than AMEN-aligned fresh meat.

"Third, I agree that we need to get a move on. My hackers are probably getting restless, and I might kill one of you if y'all keep yapping."

Clarissa rips open a portal to New Hope City in Outside and steps through, never taking her ever-vigilant eyes off of Adel.

She's dead serious about killing Adel if he tries to boss her around without first impressing her somehow.

[Main Room - Alexis]

Oh no! Zefir has been spotted by Alexis! She...oh gods...she waves at Zefir! All friendly like! Apparently, his alt-verse adopted daughter doesn't hate him!

"Heya, Zefir. Didn't see ya there."
Caius doesn't gaze away from her for more than a second, to quickly gaze at the brace built into the right arm of his suit. Many buttons seem to be built into the device, and it's clear that the technology required to create the thing was rare. After all, if the thing wasn't valuable or at least quite useful, why would Grayle quickly look towards it? He looks back to her now, speaking in his regular and somewhat monotonous tone. "What you seek to do is not only incredibly dangerous, it's damn foolish, and can get people killed!

Our people could get killed, and I for one have absolutely no desire to end up dead because you decided you'd march in and just "improvise". A strategic assault upon the city would be a far better idea, and less likely to fail."
He breathes in deeper now, backing away slightly as she turns to speak with Adel. As he does so, he dons his helmet. I wonder what it is that the mirrored helmet headgear actually does. Finally, he speaks to her, probably interrupting her talk to Adel as he does so.

It's evident that the man's quite annoyed. "What is wrong with you? We have a leader here, a competent one, clearly. Why, as far as I can tell, he's the only one here actually attempting to organize this place into something greater than what you'd have this place become! You're out of your place, here, and I suggest apologizing to the man that's actually here to help, rather than here to kick the proverbial ant hill and cause trouble." His fists are closed now. "I'm not afraid of you, and no one here should be." He speaks out towards the others now, his voice amplified through the helmet.

His voice seems tinny, but passionate through the helmet. "We are AMENites, friends! Allies! We must be, else we will be destroyed and left behind just like every other time. We'll learn from history, dammit, nor repeat the same mistakes!" He turns towards Clarissa once more. "We need order to keep ourselves in line, else we'll all end up just like Gordon. Dead. Betrayed. With VIGIL around now, and Remnant, we need to work together." He breathes deeply before speaking quieter to her. "So. Get. In. Line."

Finally, and assuming nothing terrible happens, he'll turn to the others and speak. "Now! How many people do we actually have here to go on this mission? I need you all to be quiet, for a bit, and line up. Once that's done, we'll be following Miss Clarissa through the portal. Stick together in groups of two to three, everyone. We don't want to be alone when VIGIL shows up, which they certainly will." He speaks over his shoulder towards Adel. "Will you be following as well, sir?"