Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
It was better than I expected it to be.

Spoiler
Show
Good performances by the young Jim Gordon and the cynic Harvey Bullock. Falcone was excellent as well.

I think most people hit the main potential concern. It looks like it may be playing the "Look, we're going to be Batman. Here's all your favorite villains!" card a little too heavily. Let's do a list (note: I'm not a huge batman fan so I may have missed a few). Just in the premier we saw:
Poison Ivy, Penguin, Riddler, Falcone (reoccurring in comics often enough to be considered), Cat Woman, Solomon Grundy (reference only), and Joker (presumably). With the addition of Fish Mooney (new villain), that's 8 villains in the premier alone. This universe will get very crowded very quick if they keep that up.

I think I would have preferred a little slower appearance of some of the villains. Pick 2 or 3 for the premier. Maybe one more for the next episode. Then do a good job of fleshing them out. But as it was, it felt a little rushed.

I see potential and I will keep watching. I think if they slow down just a hair, and accept that they aren't Batman, it will be really good.
Spoiler
Show
To be fair, only three of those (Falcone, Penguin, Fish Mooney) seem likely to be relevant antagonists in the immediate future, and they're all solidly part of the same "Mob runs Gotham," conflict. I think the rest were just meant to be easter eggs/early groundwork for future storylines. Except Selina, who'll be important, but probably not out and out antagonistic