Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
They love to say to others ''it is canon, so it is good, and Ye has the czar spoken the word''.
Nobody is like that. Pretty much every canon obsessed fan has at least one piece of canon they want to get rid of.

Many fans of canon will also have "I love this incensed parody comic but I'm glad its not supposed to be in continuity because characters acting out of character is funny as a joke but not as a mistake".

Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
Take geek Q They don't care one tiny bit about canon. It is just made up carp.They can care less if fifteen stories all contradict themselves. They like a story, they don't like a story...it does not matter. They can even like three stories about the exact same thing that are just a little different....and not care about it.
All stories are just made up Carp. The canon is part of the story. People don't generally read part 2 of a trilogy and then say "I don't care if the author says part 1 and 3 are canon, that's just some Salmon he made up to sell me 2 more books". Sure the odd person will say "book 3 was a disappointment and this Turbot is how I would prefer to think it ended" but they don't consider the whole idea of stories being set in a coherent universe to be a load of old dogfish.