The pseudodragon's gaze snapped over to the kobold. "Si chiana pamon! Khamer naktada wer nuwa'jimos de vilzriquathir ekess marfedelom, zyak sjek tivol wux jalla tiichi jacion ihk naktair coi takh!"
Spoiler: Draconic
Show
I betrayed no one! Khamer kept the hatchling from freezing to death, so if anything you should thank him for keeping it alive!

The woman smiled and nodded. "Yes, of course. If you'll all please follow me, I'll lead you to the study. Lord Khamer typically prefers to eat there over the dining room, so you'll be able to meet with him while you eat." She bowed again and turned to leave the room. "He may be busy at the moment, but I'm sure he'll be willing to make time to meet with you."

She leads you out of the room and down the hall, passing by several tapestries and wall hangings. Many of them depict what appear to be family trees or battle scenes, often with the same symbol somewhere above or below the imagery. The same symbol adorns the back of the woman's robes, the symbol pitch black on a deep blue background. Along the way you pass by a handful of other female servants, though they each seem to be engrossed in their duties to pay much attention to you.

After passing by a handful of other halls, she leads you into a fair-sized room with two walls lined with fully-stocked bookshelves. A single table made of mahogany wood is situated near the middle of the room, with 10 comfortable-looking chairs arranged around it and a couple stacks of old books in the center. A large fireplace is lit in the near wall, giving the room a pleasant warmth and flickering light, and a few plush armchairs are arranged in front of the fireplace.

The woman bows once more and rests her hand upon the doorknob after everyone has entered. "Please, make yourselves at home while you wait. Feel free to read any of the books on the shelves that catch your eye. Some of them are rather old, though, so please handle them with care." With a smile she left, closing the door behind her.