View Single Post

Thread: Dowrenland: Emeralds & Roses {IC}

1. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Dowrenland: Emeralds & Roses {IC}

Would you like for us to have chalked the bushes, or the grass, Arisilde asks innocently? I would imagine the Bandy-tracks will make it easy to find our way back through. And, he adds thoughtfully, there was a small dock, but no boat was in evidence. He clicks his tongue in mock-exasperation at Kayquin.. Tsk, tsk, Kayquin! Knocking your host unconscious at a tea party is most.. unconscionable.. He snickers to himself briefly, and looks about at his companions for any sign of mirth, but finds that Bandy is by far the most amused at his words. Clearing his throat, his cheeks turning slightly pink, he adds, Of course, it's quite common for the goblins of Del'ga'Nauth.. In fact, any sort of get-together without at least three deaths is considered quite the boring affair. Concubine-binding ceremonies without bloodshed are actually annulled on the spot by the tribal shaman, which is made more complicated by the fact that tradition dictates they all carry cages full of mountain squirrels to the ceremony, even the shaman!.. If a single squirrel touches the ground, the goblin whose cage it fell out of is sacrificed to the Squirrel God of Mount Eichhornchen. Which then, of course, satisfies the requirement for bloodshed, at which point the ceremony is complete, and the celebrating can begin. They make a fabulous roast squirrel soup, though it's terribly spicy! I wrote a song about it, I'd be happy to sing it for you if you like!?!? Arisilde thinks for a moment.. Eeeeexcept when it's the shaman's squirrel that touches the ground, he recalls. In that case, the squirrels are all released, and they eat the concubine. Very strange. I've been meaning to add that verse to the song, but.. I'm having trouble finding a way to make it funny.
    Last edited by pife; 2014-09-29 at 09:42 AM.