It's not really about length - there's been short comics I liked and long comics I disliked. It just feels like this one was nothing more than moving from point A to point B, with most of the jokes being stuff we already knew (i.e., Custodes take everything up to eleven million and have really long names). It's not the end of the world or anything, but this is probably the first comic since I caught up with the archives that left me feeling disappointed.

On a more positive note, though: HOLY CARP THAT BANNER. Previously I've felt the art shift has been at best a mixed blessing for the lizardpeople characters, but Rand actually looks really cool. The back-to-back pose he's striking with Xeno is pretty badass, and I take it as a hopeful sign that the latter will return to the comic sooner rather than later. And I always like Hypt's retro-techno aesthetic, though I'm not sure what to make of the fact that it's actually a separate image from the WTWU half of the banner. I don't know if that banner would get me to read this comic if I wasn't already doing so, but as a current reader it does get me pumped up.