Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
I said such carries no weight with me
Semantics. Don't try to duck your snubbing of every stand-alone work ever as not being enough for you because it doesn't have oodles and oodles of sequels when you go on to confirm that was exactly what you meant.

- and a quick google search to determine what that was and that would be born out in this case. If wiki is accurate, it is about, principally, a future society that burns books and an examination of, prsumably of what that society would look like and, presumably, how bad it would be. Beyond that one concept exploration, what does it offer?
It offers a pretty damn good exploration of that concept which is all that it needs to offer as a single work.

How many stories could you tell about that concept?
Censorship run amok? Many. Do I have to go and dig up scores of different works on the subject of censorship run amok being bad for you or something?

(This leaves aside the fact that it has nothing to offer me even then, since it would appear to be principally about People/society, which is something I simply don't care about unless the people are doing something interesting.)
Irrelevant. You said it has no worth because it doesn't have oodles of sequels or a clear tack to take for churning out sequels.