Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
That...has to be the most inaccurate thing I have read in this thread. I do hope it was merely a massively poorly worded statement, as otherwise I really have little idea where to begin in everything that is wrong with what you just said.

Although there is a clip from a movie that comes to mind...
*shrug*

All I can tell you is that no single piece of standalone media has ever had a lasting effect on me, and all the media that has was part of a larger or more extensive work in some form.

And, I suspect, many of the works other people consider influential or classics (literary or otherwise) - and, for that matter, let us be clear: whether or not they are stand-alone or otherwise extensive - I am likely to personally find uninteresting in themselves, even if the historical context that surrounds them is more interesting or important.

(Please do note, ladies, gentleman and other assorted thread-going entities, that I did preface the offending paragraph with "I work on the basis that" and end with "I, at least" (I checked) - apparently I should have added some more as well, but nevermind, too late now; perils of time shortages at current, I'm afraid. But if anyone does wish to take my opinion as objective fact, then I shall be both flattered and wish that more people would do the same.)