Quote Originally Posted by JusticeZero View Post
And yet, they constructed the scenario which has someone in the precise position where their entire reason for continuing to live is to have sex a few times, and then magnified it with a high-powered plot token. That's a little bit like saying "I'm not comfortable writing about drug use. My next book is set in a world where every food available is full of highly addictive narcotic chemicals..." or "I don't like talking about crime and poverty, and my next campaign is set in a third-world shantytown watched over by a drug cartel.."
If you did not want people to irritably ask someone to just go wiggle around with a friendly and equally constrained princess a couple times and get it over with, you would not have built a world which not only contained a class of people whose primary purpose for existing is to be bartered in loveless arranged marriages to produce children, but which also placed a barrier on the usual ways of cheating around that duty.
Plus, we haven't been told what would actually happen if the bloodline should fail. (Nor why it would necessarily fail with the death of the emperor. Depending on how the blood line is traced and what rules of succession are used, there could be any number of younger brothers, cousins, etc, sharing the bloodline who would be next in line. The only reason that wouldn't be the case is if the OP decided otherwise, presumably for specific plot reasons).