As they walk to the waiting room, Vaex is sick with worry. The little dragon-thing's words made it clear that the hatchling was still alive, but the lack of knowledge about its whereabouts or state of health eats away at him like tiny mites.

The woman's words have been warm and kind the entire time, but Vaex still doesn't trust that her intentions are pure. Warmbloods have taken advantage of him too often during his travels for honeyed words to suffice. Still, as the woman closes the door behind her, his ignorance of the building's layout prevents him from trying to sneak out.

Bereft of any real options, Vaex curls up in a chair near the fireplace and begins to pray quietly. His voice is a whisper barely heard the crackle of the flames.

"Apsu, sargt vur opsola, ixen jacida drihliri vur nakta jacida iejir skaeren. Origato jacion waph, zyak batobot si janik wilnilg wer inglata si xurwka ekess jacida dask. Jacida ominak nishka qe Forseti, vur si nishka qe jacida naktar. Tir ti origato astahi loreat persvek ista..."
Spoiler: Draconic
Show
"Apsu, guardian and father, fire his bones and keep his blood hot. Let him live, so that I might fulfill the promise I made to his mother. His name shall be Forseti, and I shall be his keeper. Do not let them die in vain..."