Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
I see nothing in strip 963 as 'poor parenting'. In fact I maintain it is EXCELLENT parenting. Might have had unforeseen consequences, but, eh.
but, eh.
The unforeseen consequence is that a man could have died when Durkon had the ability to prevent that. I believe Sidgi should have foreseen this. She's an ex-sergeant, so she's no stranger to combat. She acted on instinct when she saved the miner from falling to said and it's what anyone would have done. If this wasn't her background, then I might be less critical.

Besides, I don't feel we should consider Sidgi a bad parent until, you know, Durkon starts thinking/saying she was a bad parent. After all, he's probably in the best position to judge of all of us.
I do not believe that my opinions, feeling or thoughts should be based on the say-so of another character. That leads itself to the appealing to authority fallacy. I rather draw conclusions based on my observations from what I see in the comic. The purpose of good art is to make us think, not to be told what to think.

If we're gonna take Sidgi to task for Durkon's 'negative' qualities, we also have to credit her for Durkon's 'positive' ones.
Nope. Sidgi should only get credit the positive/negative qualities that she had a hand in shaping. Would you give Tarquin credit for Elan's positive qualities?