View Single Post

Thread: Developing a Hierarchy.

1. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Developing a Hierarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySage View Post
    So, most in the most recent game, my players found themselves locked in the middle of a rebellion in the city of soholm. they were asked for help by one of rebels for help. they learned that the baron's 16 year old son is leading the rebellion(against the empire). one of my players mentioned off hand that he was hoping to get something nice out of the deal. I'm wondering if my players are ready for that sort of thing, and whether or not it is appropriate to the scenario. the scenario is pretty straight forward: kick the imperials and shadow guard out, overthrow the baron(an imperial sympathizer), put the boy in charge. if they succeed, I was wondering what reward would be appropriate. this is pathfinder, and the average party level is 5.
    If they succeed then they are Enemies of the Empire, just like the rebel leader they aided. The best reward would be either protection or something that helps them protect themselves. False papers and safe passage the hell out of empire-controlled territory come to mind. Or hats of disguise for everyone.

If they betray the rebel leader and aid the emipre, then a suitable reward would be the overlooking of other crimes. "And they'll stay overlooked as long as you continue to be of use to us, capisci?"
    Last edited by jqavins; 2014-10-08 at 01:35 PM.
    -- Joe
    “Shared pain is diminished. Shared joy is increased.”
    -- Spider Roninson
    And shared laughter is magical

Always remember that anything posted on the internet is, in a practical if not a legal sense, in the public domain.
    You are completely welcome to use anything I post here, or I wouldn't post it.