View Single Post

Thread: Developing a Hierarchy.

1. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: Developing a Hierarchy.

Great replies so far, thanks everyone for your help. This has actually gone a long way towards helping me to figure out what this world looks like, socially speaking. Before, I had a very vague idea of what it was like: I knew there would be an emperor on top, and I've dealt somewhat between Lord and Baron(in terms of power, one controlled a village, the other controlled a city, and outlying areas). I'm hoping that I am on the right track, so far.

I had a vague idea of Knight Generals, because of the backstory of the current emperor- that before he became emperor, he was a knight general, and climbed the ranks starting as just a squire at the bottom. Mostly, he impressed a lot of people thanks to his prowess. It helped that at the time Heironeous worship was the chief religion in the empire, and he was a Paladin of Heironeous(the reasons for why he is no longer a paladin are for another topic).

Actually, I'm playing with the idea that Emperor Adelard was a child of the previous emperor, and if this might help explain how he so easily climbed the ranks to becoming a Knight General by age 30... If he was an imperial prince, would it make sense for him to start out as a squire at age 15, as has already been established in game?
    Last edited by MonkeySage; 2014-10-09 at 08:25 PM.