1. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Giants and Graveyards: Grod's collected 3.5 revisions

Quote Originally Posted by infinitetech View Post
    i understand the need for such a change, but you have practically made the options bland and non thinking it through player friendly, such in that there are now very few utility spells or actions that allow for custom responses to a situation... i meant great job, but ouch, so much gone, why cant we balance to the highest denominator for once, not "pull a 'merica" and "leave no dumb-ass behind"?
    I apologize, but I'm going to have to disagree.

Because of Grod's work spellcasting is now far more interesting, with unique and flavorful classes with abilities unlike anything a straight wizard could offer. Heck, I would want to play a Beguiler. Mage of the Unseen Hand, Seer, or Warmage (in that order) any day over an uninteresting and boring wizard.

Clerics, with the fact much of their spellcasting now comes from taking multiple domains from their deity it allows for more uniqueness. Ever since 3.0 Clerics in my eyes have been bland and boring, domains baringly making a different in telling apart one who worships a deity of war and one who worships a deity of love. It is one of the things I miss about AD&D is the versatility clerics have by way of specially priests. Grod took a step in the right direction by limiting general spellcasting and offering greater access to domains.

Druids, they feel more distinctive because of their Druidic Orders ability and it also offers the means of having speak with animals at first level and letting me choose whether or not I want a druid with any sort of connection elementals. That and lets be honest the druid could do far too much, with an impressive spell list, wildshaping, and animal compantion all rolled into one.

I say, lets have a D&D game where players don't think wizards have all the answers and we get to pick casters with a greater variety of class abilities and flavor. Give me the ability to alter my appearance and form, hide myself from divination, lie in a zone of truth, keep mysel hidden from magical detection, to Bluff Death, to show the power of tricksters, and so many other awesome abilities with the Beguiler then have me play a boring old Wizard.

So yah, I disagree
    Last edited by JonathonWilder; 2014-10-10 at 10:37 AM.