View Single Post

Thread: The Tower of Xileria

1. - Top - End - #29
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Tower of Xileria

Kalendale's question was met with a nod. "Indeed I am. My name is Khamer Duskmantle, Royal Alchemist in the service of Lady Serana Duskmantle." A wide smile broke out on the elf's face as he spread his hands. "Although she rarely has need of my services, so perhaps a better title would be Lord of Duskwood."

He glanced over as the door flew open, with the young woman from before carrying a covered tray and the pseudodragon that had been perched on her shoulder flew over to land upon Khamer's shoulder. "Oh, Veronica, is lunch ready so soon?"

The woman shook her head and came to set the tray on the table, uncovering it to reveal a selection of cheeses, fruits and meats, as well as a couple of eggs to one side. "No, it will be some time yet. I was bringing something to tide our guests over until the cooks were done. "

Khamer nodded, his smile still in place. "Ah, yes, of course. Thank you, my dear." The woman smiled and bowed before turning to leave the room. Khamer turned back to the others. "Where were we... oh yes, how you came to be in this land!" His smile faded a little. "To be honest, I'm not entirely sure myself. The tower had appeared in the ruins of Karatel a few days ago, and I happened to find you all half-buried in the snow just outside, without a single track leading away from there. A lucky thing someone found you, too... any longer and you might not be standing here today."

He glanced down to the kobold when he spoke. "Thric rigluin ekess tiichi ve, dahakoan. I don't intend to force any of you to remain, hence why I returned all of your belongings... but I was hoping that you all would be willing to remain for a time longer to ensure you're ready to be up and about, and hopefully so that we could figure out how you came to be in this world. You see..." He pushed his glasses up on his nose, appearing to be considering his words carefully. "While you were sleeping, I did a little research with my magic and a small blood sample from each of you. And from what I found, you have no kin in these lands. Or outside these lands, for that matter; aside from you, members of your bloodlines simply do not exist in Ves'Perix."

Spoiler: Draconic
    Show

"No need to thank me, dragonkin."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Anybody who wants to can roll Perception or Knowledge (religion)
    Last edited by Diachronos; 2014-10-14 at 10:19 PM.