Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
Astral construct is so good, I don't see why anyone would take a non-creation awakened champion.
Well, it's also a first level power, so a zealot of any mission can get it at 7th level and beyond. It's also not as directly relevant to the zealot as, say, inevitable strike - a round spend manifesting astral construct is a round not keeping your zeal buff active on your allies. You can try to minion-mance with the +2 to manifester level trait, but you're still going to be way behind what a shaper psion or wilder of the same level could do. Of course, that doesn't factor in the non-combat value of summoning a minion ("scouting" for traps and such). I was honestly a little more concerned about metamorphosis.

Moral Ambiguity as a SU ability seems weird. If I use an EX Evil ability within an AMF, suddenly it starts mattering to the universe what I'm doing?
What happens in an AMF stays in an AMF . Changed.

Giving Zealot level -2 manifesting at level 3 when you replace a 4th level is a bit odd
Ugh. The abilities the zealot gains at 3rd level just aren't the abilities that were anywhere near the power of manifesting (not that even martyrdom is at that level, as you point out).

Having to spend resources to get Zealous Fury on a Zealot seems weird. Not unbalanced or anything, just weird. Would be less weird if it wasn't the only new conviction open to them.
Hrm. I'll consider giving it to them baseline or adding more unique convictions.

Speaking of Zealous Fury, does it reduce the penalty on doubling up via a Fortuitous (ACG) weapon?
I'd ask on the DSP forums as I'm not the designer of the power or the special property, but RAW says no, I think. Zealous Fury says "The penalty on your additional attacks for having a high base attack bonus..."; fortuitous doesn't give you extra attacks for having a high base attack bonus - it gives you the same extra attack whether you have a BAB of +0 or +20.