Quote Originally Posted by Sayt View Post
The Opening Paragraph of Double minded states: "blending the paths of the Black Crane and Silver Crane to their own designs." That should, I think, be Black Seraph?
::facepalm:: Yes, yes it should. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
Enh, metamorphosis only shifts the source of polymorph buff from the party caster to the awakened champion. Astral construct, on the other hand, can be a prebuff flanking buddy, scout, and more. It's practically the same as giving a creation awakened champion an animal companion that you can change the abilities of periodically.
I think we can both agree that astral construct is objectively the best power 1st level power of those listed (and even a contender for the best 1st level power in the game). My bigger question: Is the power of astral construct at 4th level so great that you would never consider playing an awakened champion of any other mission?

Honestly I would much rather see the awakened champion pull abilities from other sources rather than just plain manifesting. Creation-focus awakened champions could get mini-aegis-astral-suits, for instance, while destruction-focus could get souldrinker vitalist powers.
I'm trying to keep the archetype as simple as possible - a sprawling archetype with 5 different subsystems sounds
cool, but would be difficult to balance and more importantly, would lack focus. I could see doing 5 separate mission-focused archetypes at a later point with a concept like that, but not one archetype that also added manifesting.