Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
And it fit the lore of the game better than the enemies of ME3, where whilst Cerberus had the best combat variety it came at the expense of setting consistency. Welp, that guy's got a riot shield I guess he's completely immune to my handheld railgun except for his tiny vision slit.
You know piercing weapons - including nearly every sniper rifle above Mantis - can punch right through that shield of his, right?

Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
Yeah, the missile launcher was my favorite. I killed the damn thresher maw with it.

I never really did like the Cain because of how it was limited to just a single shot more or less (at least, I never got enough bonus to heavy weapon ammo capacity to get two shots out of it). And with the way a lot of the toughest parts of ME2 involve multiple waves of enemies, it didn't seem very useful to bring along a weapon that can at best clear out a single room full of baddies.
It's useful for the derelict reaper (the Cain one-shots the core, even on Insanity, saving you a lot of headache) and for the Human Reaper (because Harbinger drops heavy ammo when killed.) Other than those I leave it at home.