1. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Default Re: Mass Effect: General thread of Awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    The return of the Mako and the claim that the game will have a heavy exploration emphasis that requires it does not fill me confidence, given that was by far the worst part of the first game, and I was much happier with the formula they used for the second and third.

See this excites me. I agree the Mako was the worst part of ME1 and its the reason I won't ever play it again. I tried before ME3 came out. Can't do it. But the narrative tone of 1 was so dramatically different from 2 and 3. At the time there was nothing else like it and at the moment there still isn't. I'd LOVE to play another "edge of the galaxy exploring the unknown and killing it" narrative.

I can see how it might be frustrating if you go into the IFF too early and don't have your crew loyal yet.

This mind sound a little condescending of me and so I appologise in advance. But not guessing that doing the Reaper IFF triggers some kind of end-game sequence is probably a lack of genre savviness. Just like going through the MU relay in 1 and hunting down the Elusive Man in 3 trigger end games. Those had big red flags for me. Being shocked that those events trigger some kind of time-sensitive sequence doesn't makes sense to me.
    Last edited by Seatbelt; 2014-10-19 at 06:46 AM.