I'm not 100% sure but I think what Eugene approves of with V is taking a shot at Xykon which is not unreasonable since he threatens the entire future of the world and possibly the future existence of the outer planes and all the immortal souls therein. I don't think he knows about Familiacide or the deal with the "devils".

More to the point, a lot of Eugene's postmortem actions that could be regarded as not LG are rooted in him being frustrated as basically a prisoner in a jail for a crime he didn't commit and Heaven would have to be pretty lame to punish him for that.

We also know that Eugene was an adventurer in life and a pretty high level one so he could also have an awful lot of good deeds on his record that advanced the cause of good and/or law. I mean I'm sure everyone here has played either a pen and paper RPG or a computer one. How much better have you left the world at the end of the game? In Fallout New Vegas I'm a one man extinction event for hostile wasteland critters and psycho murder-rape-torture gangs as well. Local life expectancy for regular people probably went up ten years. Who knows what good deeds Eugene is being measured by.

Being a bit of a **** sometimes and a mediocre father probably aren't enough to keep him out unless Heaven is what I would call unreasonably strict and goodness is supposed to include things like mercy and forgiveness.

Although on the other hand Celestia has a pretty Christian-Bible styling to it and some readings of the Bible say "Almost everyone goes to Hell".

It's also got Buddhist themes (Climbing the Mountain of Spiritual Enlightenment) and again, getting out of the cycle of reincarnation is very hard.

So maybe Celestia is staffed by ***** and Eugene is ****ed.