Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
For example,

• Earth implement: whenever you hit someone with an attack with this implement, the square he is in becomes difficult terrain.
  • Fire implement: anyone you hit takes 2 ongoing fire damage, but if you roll an 1 on an attack you take 2 ongoing fire damage (which ignores fire resistance).
  • Air implement: whenever you score a critical hit, you gain a fly speed equal to your normal speed until the end of the encounter.
  • Water implement: the first creature you hit with this implement during your turn is pushed 3 squares.
Maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but how does the Earth Implement affect anything? I mean, you take the move penalty when you enter a square, right? So... I dunno...

Also, are these implements just, like, infused with the elements?

Also, something that, I suppose, we aren't really thinking about: How are these bonuses going to interact with actual weapon/implement enhancements? Extra damage? Extra forced movement? At what point does it become too much? I mean, I know that "As long as all the players have access, then it's balanced just fine." But, if a critical hit can remove a limb, potentially removing movement or an attack from the Solo Brute, that encounter would sorta become less fun for everybody, right? Doesn't this sorta add in the save-or-die elements from 3.5 that were left out because it'd have one character end an encounter?

Am I looking too much into it? Did I ruin it? I ruined it. Sorry, guys. I ruined it. Hey, mom? I ruined it. I know, I know. Yeah. It's ruined.