View Single Post

Thread: Tollaria: Where Gods Walk Among Men

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Tollaria: Where Gods Walk Among Men

This is very much a work in progress, to the point where many of the pages haven't been proofread yet. I am posting it here now just in case a catastrophe befalls my computer and backup drives. Some of the names, historical events, etc. May be contradictory. That said, I encourage comments, views, criticisms and anything else that one would find under the 'opinion' article in a thesaurus. Just keep in mind that everything is subject to change, sometimes radically as I jump from idea to idea like a child at her seventh birthday party immediately after the cake.

Tollaria is being built with pathfinder in mind, but is light on crunch (save the changes to some of the races) so could be adapted to any system. Probably. You seem clever, I'm sure you could do it.

Tollaria, Where Gods Walk Among Men

Map goes here

A more in-character summary of the world will go here once written, but to start here are the main inspirations that drive the building of this world:

Tollaria is a world that tries to subvert (avert?) the "Elves are elves, dwarves are dwarves but Humans are diverse!" mindset that some fantasy worlds fall in to. Here you will find a diversity of humans, yes, but also nations of elves and other magical races as different from one another as the Chelaxians are from the Mwangi. (In the Pathfinder Golarion setting)

Where Gods Walk Among Men was not chosen as a sub-header just because it sounds epic-y. Every god in the setting has a physical form that dwell on the mortal plane. These bodies, unlike many cosmologies are not just manifestations of the god but the god itself, in its totality. Of course, this makes for much weaker gods than you might find elsewhere. They are immortal, but the god of Drink and Revelry in Tollaria is much more likely to get cold-cocked by a surly drunk than in other settings.

While not a total time-abyss, Tollaria has a rich and varied history. The 'modern' day of Tollaria is set in the early 1700s of the current era (for reference, creation began at -4480 BCE) when humanity has just discovered the southern continent and with it a wealth of magical races and resources it had never encountered before.
    Last edited by The Cats; 2014-10-29 at 07:22 PM.
    BokaliMali
    Catatar By Sensate
    Shoop-da-Whoop