Quote Originally Posted by (Un)Inspired View Post
It's gonna be both sad and satisfying when you finish this campaign.
I agree on both accounts, though the 'end' end is still a decent ways off. In my head I've always had it divided into three acts (The Killer, The Nephilim and The New Age) and we're still in Act One, though depending on how things progress we may not be that many sessions away from wrapping it up.

The Killer/Nephilim arcs are what I would consider the story proper, with the world being shaped (and possibly saved) by the PCs and The New Age being the crazy ass world that results from idolizing a bunch of sociopaths whose only qualifications for gaining superpowers were being too drunk to find their way home on their own and taking the bus.

We've been wanting to do a comedic Neighborhood Watch campaign set in the New Age and featuring a bunch of overly enthusiastic D-List superhumans who've formed a neighborhood watch to survive and keep up property values in the new, war torn nation of Ventnor City, superhuman capital of the world. A place where 20% of the city has some sort of extra-human ability and a good 8% were never human to begin with, an insane world of super science and roving bands of vigilantes and/or warlords every 2 blocks.

The plan was to do these little teaser one-shots whenever I couldn't get both McCrow and Fanboy together but still had enough people to game, but it's been difficult to nail down either of them with enough people nearby to play. A shame though, because a lot of the upcoming craziness was meant to have already been hinted at through background stuff.