Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem View Post
I was wondering if there is a comparison table of all the "growth" tables for the Old World of Darkness Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Demon and the others. If not, can someone enlighten me?

When I say "Growth table" I mean, as a vampire example, all the stages of the evolution cycle - AKA age, from fledgling to - potentially - antediluvian.

that is, if the other rulebooks have something similar.
Not really.

There are stages, but it varies as to what they mean. Vampires don't tend to grow... the only way to be become an "Antedeluvian" in game is to diablerize your way up the mountain (gaining a generation at a time until you're a 4th generation diablerizing a 3rd)... and even that doesn't put you on the same level as people who've been there for millenia.

In werewolf, you might progress up the ranks, but that's achievement-based... get Glory, Honor, and Wisdom enough to be recognized as a greater rank. It's not tied to age... you could have a 15 year old who's 5th rank... but it tends to go along with it, since you have to have time to do all the stuff that gets you Glory, Honor, and Wisdom (not to mention 15 year olds aren't noted for their wisdom. )

In Mage, again, it's achievement-based. Do you have 4 dots in a sphere? You are an Adept. Do you have 5 dots in a Sphere? You are a Master.

There's not really a direct comparison in the rank charts, because they tend to measure entirely different things. Vampire measures a fairly static number of "How many people are between you and Cain?". Werewolf, "How well-respected are you by your community?" Mage, "How much have you learned to **** with reality?" (I'm not familiar enough with Wraith, Changeling, or the others to comment; I think Changelings ranks tend to be granted by higher authorities, but I'm not sure).