Quote Originally Posted by Kiero View Post

You weren't very good at using the Mako (or sniper rifles) and didn't want to practise it either. That doesn't make them badly designed.
No, they were badly designed. I immediately hated the Mako as well, not for difficulty but just aggravation. It handled like a pig and was genuinely unfun to play. And the complaints about it were sufficient that the Mako was mocked as a piece of crap in-game for the rest of the series. It was bad enough that my "on the fence" attitude about ME1 immediately went to "not worth dealing with this crap", and I haven't played the game all the way through as a result (making it the only Bioware game that I own with that distinction).

A minority of players may have liked the Mako, but that doesn't stop the majority of us from having our hair turn white whenever it gets mentioned in relation to a future game. I cannot name a single enjoyable vehicle experience in any Bioware game. It isn't something they do well, and goes actively counter to the party-centric nature of their games.

I fully expect the decision to pick up ME4 to be "well the Mako sucks, but the rest of the game is good, soooo...."