Quote Originally Posted by Kiero View Post
I agree with you that far too many planets were far too mountainous, but appreciated the freedom that having an open space, rather than a rat run, gave you.
I don't. A whole lot of empty space is nothing but a waste of my time as far as I'm concerned. It's one reason I dislike the whole "open world" game design style and far prefer linear games. I'd much the rather game keep its focus and have me doing something engaging and fun consistently, not make me trek across a big area with nothing enjoyable to do for a while. It's one of many reasons why I like ME2 and 3 much more than ME1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiero View Post
Ugh, I didn't mind the Mako, but I hated the Hammerhead. Especially all those stupid sequences trying to jump over lava. Apparently even though it's a "hover" tank, it can't actually stay in place without sinking. Plus the main gun was crap (a rocket launcher - wtf?) and it had no backup weapon.
Much as I don't like either, I'd take the Hammerhead over the Mako. It may have been paper-thin and the stage design for it was definitely poor, but at least it handled well and you were actually doing something during those stages, not just moving across a lot of pointless empty terrain.